Investor Briefing & Quarterly Update
We have started to see a strong uptick of interest in our platform from investors and companies alike. We are focused on adding value to the early stage investment eco system in the UK by recycling tied up capital from various static companies shares that were formerly purchased through tax efficient investment schemes.
All Systems Go
Our team has expanded in size, increasing our capacity in business development, sales and marketing. We are continually focused on bringing exciting new additions to our marketplace, for example, FullGreen, a disruptor of the plant based food industry, which has products in over 9000 retailers and has a keen eye on sustainability. They have seen over £200k in shares traded in under three weeks between new investors and pre-existing shareholders. We have also seen an increase in registrations / sign ups (250+) from angel investors and HNWs seeking opportunities on our growing trading platforms.
Our community has grown through various partnerships, showcasing opportunities and shares available to a wider audience. Our social channel followers throughout this quarter has increase by c.1850%, and continues to grow weekly.
Food for Thought
As we enter Q3, we have had a steady flow of admissions to our Traditional platform, with three companies joining in early July – Myco Ltd and Agronomics Ltd cover alternative proteins and meats for healthier eating. In the Fintech space, we have SBS Group Ltd who are providing an easier way to introduce the private growth sector to securities electronically compatible for purchase or sale.
Areas Of Focus
· Operational Delivery – Principally working on servicing both clients (companies admitted) and investors to ensure an efficient service is provided to all parties.
· Admissions Target – Our ambitious target of 50 companies on the platform for year end still stands. We are consistently working on reducing conversion time on admissions and increasing the pipeline going forward.
· Investors / Buy Side – We are working with syndicates, angel groups and EIS funds to assist companies that require capital, or assistance in selling existing shares.
· Second Market Eco-System – We continue to partner with a variety of companies to provide a suite of services. The number of signed up collaborative partners is c40 with a further 85 in discussions.
· Secondary Partnerships – We have engaged with a number of investment committees to provide a secondary solution to major EIS portfolios / funds.
As we enter a new period and deal with the fallout of the Covid-19 pandemic, the team continues to expand. We are continuously working on developing investment vehicles to provide liquidity within the private market. We endeavour to support scaling SME’s and early stage investors with exit / liquidity solutions.
Head of Corporate Development